Wednesday 17 February 2016

#1 All you need to know

It has been a long time coming for my career to really begin, I am now in a role I have dreamt of having since I began my journey in the fashion industry back in 2011. Blogging has always intrigued me, but I never found the time to fit it in throughout my years studying (laziness). Now I have my first full time job in fashion and my foots in the door it's onto the next stage for me and this is where I made the decision to take the plunge and start blogging, to broaden my horizons, experience and career options.
So being a blogging newbie I guess I should give you all a bit more information about myself... 
When I left school 5 years ago I knew the only option for me was studying fashion, I therefore went to Southend College and chose Fashion Promotion. My heart wasn't 100% in it at the time and at that age all that is on your mind is going out and having fun. However I did enjoy my 2 years studying and managed to leave with a triple merit which I am still really proud of.
 I was 17 when I left college and felt like I'd come to a bit of a dead end, didn't feel ready for uni, nor a full time career and I knew I didn't have a lot of options. After a summer of thinking I'd got a job at IKEA and decided I was going to stay there for a year save, put my career on hold and work abroad for the summer. This was by far the worst decision I have EVER made, but you have to see the positives in these kind of situations and I learnt a lot about myself that year, It made me a better person at the end of it. 
After my year of disaster things started to pick up when I got into the Fashion Retail Academy to study visual merchandising and branding, perfect. The year at college flew by and before I knew it I graduated with a Merit, I started applying for jobs straight away and then came the waiting game. At the time it felt like a life time of waiting and failing when 90% of the companies wasn't even getting back to me. I was applying for at least 10 jobs a day and I was beginning to lose motivation. Just when I was ready to give up I got somewhere, I am a true believer in everything happens for a reason and I went into my interview so determined and confident where I had waited so long to get anywhere. The next day I got a call saying I got the job at House of Fraser as a visual merchandiser, I only spent an hour crying with happiness. 
After my 3 month review and being fully signed off I got asked if I wanted to become a menswear VM, as I seemed to be going in the right direction within my role and they wanted a strong candidate who was capable of looking after menswear independently. I was honoured to be having such positive feedback so quickly and as nervous as I was to take on menswear  I knew it was the right thing to do. 
I have been with House of Fraser just 6 months, I have the best team you could ask for, I truly love my job and that is all I've ever wanted, as my Grandad always used to say to me when I was little "loving your job and being happy is everything" 
6 months down the line I am of course still learning everyday in work and this is where I believe blogging will help me expand even more. I hope to begin freelance visual merchandising and styling once I build more experience and trust with all you lovely people via my blog. My blog will be about all my fashion styles and faves, outfits that make you look a cut above the price, just anything to do with fashion that interests me and will be of an interest to you of course. 
I hope I don't sound too boring and I have interested you enough to begin this journey with me.
Stay tuned for my first fashion blog COMING SOON!

LOVE FASHPINE.
🍍

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashpine. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig