Tuesday 23 February 2016

Weekends n' Vintage

Anyone that knows me, knows I have a massive shirt collection, I am obsessed. Colour, plain, pattern, anything a little bit different it's guaranteed I'll be buying it.
When I say massive and obsessed I mean over half my wardrobe has been taken over with my shirts...
 




So lets start with my weekend outfits. Vintage shirts are perfect for any occasion, literally, I dress them up and down. Wear them day and night, they're just amazing. Friday I had friends round for dinner and drinks so wanted to be comfortable, but of course stylish. I chose one of my all time faves for Friday; it's a gorgeous light silk material across the plain side of the body and the rest is a lovely chiffon. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good pattern clash so when I managed to find this vintage shirt with just that I couldn't quite believe my eyes. Who would've thought spots and floral could look so good? 
I teamed my shirt up with my leather biker trousers from Zara (major essential in my wardrobe) and kept the leather look through to my shoes, as another thing I love is double leather.
This shirt is an old buy of mine from eBay. If you want vintage shirts/blouses trust me eBay is the only place you need. I'd say half my collection is from there and I've never paid more then a tenner for any vintage shirt, bargain!
 I managed to bag this beauty for just £10.


Outfit details:
Trouser- HERE
Shoes- HERE

Saturday was just a run about day for me being taxi for my younger sister, running some errands and looking into mortgages (how adult and boring are my weekends beginning to sound). 
I decided to brighten up my rainy Saturday with my gorgeous mustard smart trousers, as I hadn't worn them in ages and thought they'd look delightful with my 2nd vintage shirt of the weekend. Peg leg/smart trousers are big this season. I personally find ASOS the best place to shop for trousers in this style and they have plenty similar to what I'm wearing, in various colours and patterns to suit all personal styles. 
I know it's a red shirt again, but red and mustard together is to die for! This shirt is from my biggest inspiration in life and fashion; my Great Nanny Lil. Whenever I go up and see her she always has a bag full of her old clothes ready for me, every girls dream, right? I love it, even if I'm not 100% on something I know I'll still wear it. I don't know why, but in my eyes the uglier it is the more it appeals to me. 
 The shirt is from a brand that is still around today; Jacques Vert, definitely not a place I'd choose to shop at now. It's still in perfect condition even after all them years, how incredible! Just goes to show that much more care was taken when making these garments back then, which is another reason to love vintage. It was made with love not by bulk and a machine.


Outfit details:
Trouser (similar)- HERE

Sundays are all about family and of course roasts! This weekend I was at the in laws for dinner so that meant actually getting out of my pjs and getting dressed in suitable attire for a lovely family dinner. 
Being comfortable as you must know by now is what I love and with it being sunday a comfy outfit just had to make an appearance. I chose my wonderful black and white, peg leg patterned trousers from River Island, they're too comfy and thought they'd look really cool teamed up with one of my shirts to clash it up a bit. These trousers are unfortunately an old buy and no longer available, but fear not I have done my fashion research and found a few similar pairs including a petite and curve option for all you lovely people (details shown below the pictures).
I've added the most essential item possible in every girls wardrobe; a leather jacket. You just can't go wrong with one of these babies, they are useful all year round and a total must have. If you don't already have one, you need one! Mine is an old buy from Zara, but they re-make similar ones every year and I've found one that is pretty much identical to mine on their website (details shown below the pictures).
Now the shirt, what a story I have to tell about that. I was on a trip to America to see family and my Nan comes back from The Salvation Army (yes I know) with this stunning blazer for the most ridiculous price; $2.50, my face said it all and that was it, the next day I was there. 
OH MY GOD I was in vintage heaven. My auntie Sues back was turned for just 5 minutes and when she looked back my trolley was full. I travel all the way to america and this is where I end up, typical me!
But the best part about it all is this beautiful shirt was mine for the most teeniest, tiniest of prices... 50 cents so around 25p, it still shocks me to this day. SIMPLY AMAZING!!
Goes to show if you've got the right eye you don't need labels and millions of pounds to look good, you just need to make time to search for those amazing pieces and this shirt is a perfect example for you all.
Get searching girls, you can do it!


Outfit details:
Trouser (similar)- HERE  
Trouser (similar petite)- HERE
Trouser (similar curve)- HERE
Leather Jacket (similar)- HERE


I hope I've converted you all to love vintage, or atleast got you interested.
Stay tuned for more weekends n' vintage and regular fashion posts.
LOVE FASHPINE.
🍍





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fashpine. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig